Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Celebrations...



Come October...and I am all happy and cheerful :)
Its the time when I have that smile on my face and that shine in my eyes...
why?




Because it is the time for festivities....celebrations
It starts with the Ganesh chaturthi..then  Navratris and goes on 
 to Dussehra and Diwali and Bhai dooj and oh 
I miss you India !




This season is a spectacular mosaic
 of rituals...prayers...colors...enthusiasm...
creativity...feasts...attires...music...dance...
its the time to rejoice...a sight to behold :)



एकदंताय वक्रतुण्डाय गौरीतनयाय धीमहि ।
गजेशानाय भालचन्द्राय श्रीगणेशाय धीमहि ॥


Lord Ganesha ...Hindu deity considered as Remover of all obstacles


So my dear dear friends in whichever part of the world you are...
celebrate ...enjoy...
and make memories this festive season :)



Sharing the post with OLW and Inspiration Avenue

10 comments:

  1. What an absolutely gorgeous painting. Celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fall, too. You can hear and see the love you feel for India in your painting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your painting is beautiful! Thank you for sharing part of your culture with us. I can't help but feel joyful when I look at your post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a lovely painting... Happy festive season.. to you.. Hope you are enjoying the Eid break.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter and I are seeing this together and we both absolutely love it! Gorgeous painting, Ritu!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a delightful illustration, Ritu. It sounds like a spectacular feast too. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YOur paintings are lovely - I have seen some celebration of Divali - it is always fabulous and atmospheric. It's so interesting to see what other parts of the world are doing and seeing, nice to meet you via Inspiration Avenue. Betty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderfully colourful and vibrant painting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning. thank you so much for sharing your beautiful art.

    ReplyDelete