Monday, July 2, 2012

My lemony birdie with a strawberry heart !


   Kristin at The Summer of Color: Week Three prompted us to create art using the colors of the flavor Strawberry Lemonade punch ! Now I thought of going to Baskin Robbins to check out this lip smacking flavor ...and to my utter dismay this was one of the official flavors of the month :)

I came home with their brochure and also some tissue papers....yes I surely had some plans in my mind :)

I wanted to use their brochure as my background :)



Next I layered the brochure with the 'BR' tissue paper and was happy with the textures that came up just so naturally ! I purposely left the middle section of the brochure which spoke about our flavor of the week...Strawberry Lemonade !





Then I used some newspaper and a music sheet to make my little birdie and the tree and the leaves...and also drew a few details down there with my black pen .
Coloring it all lemon yellow and strawberry pink was the most fun part and I enjoyed it thoroughly :)

I also liked the other colors of the brochure that were still peeking through the tissue layer as if trying not to miss out on the fun :)


Don't you think my lemony  birdie, with a big musical strawberry heart , is singing out loud ...all praises about the flavor of the month !

Enjoy!






31 comments:

  1. Rita this is beautiful work and a gorgeous combination. Love it. it's great.
    Lovbely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you have made, great idea with the bird and the collage using the strawberry lemonade colours! They don't have this ice-flavour over here, but perhaps I will find it when I visit the USA again! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning and so vibrant and I love that you explain your process

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this and your process!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous and original piece of work - I love what you've done with the brochure - the layers are fantastic and the birdie really is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great touch - using their leaflet with the flavour of the month as your background! Your little bird is so cute and I love his big heart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rita this is absolutely gorgeous... love seeing your process... and awesome that you used the brochure in the background... your little birdie is the sweetest...

    Hugs
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea to use the brochure...it will forever be the memory for 2012 summer of colour...i love your little bird...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh this is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it!!!!! love the cute birdy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. THis is wildly original! I love the bright colors and wonderful textures and papers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea to use the brochure as the background to your fab collage... love what you did with this colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally love it! And thank you for showing the process! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You should check and see if Baskin Robbins has a FB page and if they do I would post this on it! I bet they would LOVE it! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. very creative mixed media art work ~ lovely!thanks, ^_^ (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this is just the kind of thing I like!!!

    So many layers and lots of lovely things to spot!

    Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your lemonade birdie and strawberry song! Very clever, artistic ideas and beautiful page.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I sure agree with you about your birdie. What a great creation using the words and pictures in such an effective way. BJ#4

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's just precious - what a great idea, so unique and different!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow I love how you altered this ...the birdie and heart are fabulous!! Love them! Rich with fun and color

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are a genius, Ritu!. Love how you;d used BR actual brochure in your design. The bird with the biggest heart is my most favorite thing!. LOVE love it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Terrific work, it looks fabulous. Happy Summer of Color, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is beautiful! I love seeing your in progress pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow...So fabulous..gorgeous colors and creativity..beautiful!
    Wishing you a sparkling wkd Ritu!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well done, this is adorable. I LOVE how you used the brochure, and the little birdie is so cute :o)

    ReplyDelete
  25. That bird is really sweet, I love your art journal. What a colorful blog you have! Thanks for stopping by mine. Barb

    ReplyDelete